Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Friend Mia, a blog just for her about her.

So, Ms. Mia...as I type I think you are already in the Washington D.C. area.
Christmas party. WHO would have ever guessed that shopping experience You will witness the swearing in of an American President. Senator Barack H. Obama will become President Barack Obama on Tuesday. But... I wonder....will you wear the Jimmy Choo's? Will you be able to navigate Pennsylvania Ave. in those lovely kicks? When we bought those shoes (one lovely drunken evening at Nordstroms) they wear earmarked for Elton Gallegly'salong w/ a bit of press of you being a Dem. and the husband being a Rep. would lead to you....sitting watching the Big B getting sworn in.
You said, this year was going to be the year of change for you. I think you were right.
Change our expectations...a pair of shoes can change a night.
Change our fears...travelling alone with the kiddos at home can be done.
Change our hearts...friends like you - make my heart happy.
I'm sure this blog is discombobulated...but I can't stop thinking of you today. You, so many times, have left me a voice mail message that makes my day, picks me up from a funk, or (in really hard times) helps me mourn in the deepest of sadness. So...dear friend Mia Mia Mia...
Wave a flag for me. Toast a glass for me. Know that you are part of history in D.C.
BUT know! When you return, you are part of my past, present and thank goodness future.
Love you - travel safely and see you here, in Cali! We are waiting for the stories.


I'm out. Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment