Friday, January 6, 2012

Month one. Check.

So...my last blog post was in November of 2010. So...obviously, not a real committed person to the art of blogging. But, today as I sat (yes SAT) in the shower and pondered my new altered self, it occurred to me that I need to change that part of me who stalls out on things. I need to change primarily the part of my life that has to do with physical exertion...EXERCISE! This new altered me is losing weight (20 lbs in my 1st month. Yea!). But, weight loss alone will not get me to the health I need. My heart, lungs, bones, they all need there own TLC. And...it is my job to do that. This 1st month since bariatric surgery has been WAY harder than I had ever imagined. And, I guess that's ok, cause if I had known...I bet I would have chickened out. But since ignorance in my case is an altered stomach, then I say what the heck...I'm all in.

My strategy for month two is to not worry so much about the variety of food I can no longer tolerate or stomach, and instead throw that attention towards...da da dahhhhh. Exercise.

Why blog about this? Heck I don't know, it just feels good to get some of this fear and worry out of my ever pondering brain and onto ...errr a screen. It feels ok to share some of this challenge, most of it is still inside. But...maybe as the pounds come off, more of gunk that is inside will come out as well? Who knows.

Month one recap:
Surgery on 12/5. Released. 12/7. Really able to start moving around on 12/12
started at 259 lbs (ok, that # is sooo hard to share, but I did it. ), lost 20 lbs and started today month 2 at 239.
Nausea is the most challenging obstacle. It's constant
I've walked 7 times this past month, 1.2 miles each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment