Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's my party...and I'll cry if I want to.

So, first disclaimer, I'm doing this on an iPad, so typing is bit odd...please pardon any typos. And now...I must ask the party favors and pointy hats marching around my bed to kindly leave. I am NOT going to fall into a pity party. It is hard not to, but I also need to keep this recovery in perspective. It has been only 40 days since the surgery, not a huge amount of time, so I know things will get better. This past week has still been a week full of nausea, and high sensitivity to odors. I was driving the other day like a springer spaniel hanging my head out the window because the odor in my car was making me sick. I was feeling like a hurl and laughing at the same time. Ron and did didnt find to much humor in it given that I almost side swipped a tree. Ooopsie. My nausea appears to not be coming from a defective gall bladder ( a nuclear HIDA scan on thur helped figure that out ..test involved me having to drink a cup of cream! To see if it made me immediately nauseous ...or just nauseous once the contents exited the gall bladder, mine was the latter). Good news for the gall bladder, bad news (again poor Ron ) for the person down wind 20min later. Oooopsie. With the test results not shown an issue with mr. G.Badder, dr. Moved me back to a full mushy/liquid diet again for a week, and re-start on solids and see how it goes. I did manage to get 1/2 of a banana peanut butter shake down this morning and it didnt repulse me two swigs in, soooooo I guess that is progress. Speaking of progress -- exercised this week 4 days out of 7. Started the week at 239. Now at 235, so four more pounds. The big obstacle still seems to be the nausea, and now it's compounding effect of making me apprehensive to leave the domicile for long periods of time, because that means...da da da, I may have to put some nutrients in the pie hole and that generally now sets off a nausea fit. So, a good goal for me this week is to find a travel protein source that is mushy and high in protein. aNY suggestions folks? Has to be under 5grams of sugar and easily transported. Ok friends that's an update. I truly appreciate everyones kind support. It really does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment